Monday 10 October marks World Mental Health Day and Spectrum is supporting a new national campaign to “take 10 minutes” and raise awareness of mental health.
Led by Mental Health First Aid England, the idea behind the the ‘Take 10’ campaign is simply to spend 10 minutes chatting with someone you know – a friend, colleague or partner – about their mental health, creating a new conversation about a sometimes uncomfortable topic. Take 10 minutes to ask a friend:
- How are you feeling?
- How long have you felt like this?
- Who do you feel that you can go to for support?
- Is there anything I can do to help you?
And it doesn’t have to end there. Follow them up and ask how they are doing – whether it’s keeping in touch with a colleague who is ill, or coming up with ways to cheer up a friend or partner.
You can also:
- Check out the Take 10 Together awareness campaign to access mental health tips, statistics and resources for World Mental Health Day
- Download the Take 10 Toolkit to access mental health support & resources
- Take some time to watch one of the short, educational videos on mental health through the official MHFAE website
Mental health is everyone’s business. Let’s start a conversation