Spectrum People is an independent charity which provides meaningful activities and support for vulnerable adults across the Wakefield district. Working with partner organisations, our projects and events allow vulnerable people to access:
- opportunities for training and education
- community spaces providing friendship and fellowship
- cultural and recreational activities aimed at building self esteem and confidence
- support such as community recovery and counselling
- information about wellbeing opportunities in their local area
We are also committed to raising awareness of factors which affect social inclusion for vulnerable people (including mental ill health, loneliness, homelessness or unstable housing, financial difficulties, physical ill health and problematic substance use) and working together to help them overcome these challenges.
*Please be aware that as a result of COVID-19, all of our community projects and activities are currently suspended. Charity staff are continuing to offer telephone support for service users as part of our social prescribing model and we will release more information soon.*