Today, Spectrum Community Health CIC begins as the new sexual health provider for Wigan Borough.
Working in partnership with Wigan Council, Spectrum’s new service will deliver comprehensive sexual health support in several areas across the borough, providing:
- Advice on contraception and safe sex
- STI testing, treatment and support
- Relationships and Sex Education (RSE)
- Chlamydia screening
- Free condoms for young people aged 16-24 through the C-Card Scheme
- Outreach in local communities
Spectrum delivers adult and young people’s sexual health services across Wigan Borough and will be in the heart of our communities through nurse-led clinics in seven areas.
Dr. Linda Harris, Spectrum’s Chief Executive, said: “We’re absolutely delighted to begin our new service in Wigan Borough and are very much looking forward to working with local people and partners to shape the services they want and need.”
The new service will operate from two main clinics:
- Wigan Town Centre – Galleries Shopping Centre, 6 Wigan Galleries, Wigan, WN1 1AR
- Leigh Health Centre – Leigh Health Centre, Entrance C. The Avenue, Leigh WN7 1HR
For sexual health support in Wigan and Leigh, patients can call 01942 483188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .