Spectrum is pleased to announce they feature in this year’s Employee Ownership Top 50 as one of the fifty largest employee-owned companies in the UK, ranking at 42 in the list.
The Top 50, compiled annually by employee ownership advisers RM2 in partnership with the EOA, covers independent UK-registered companies that are at least 25% owned by their employees on a broad basis, together with UK subsidiaries of non-UK companies that are more than 75% employee owned.
This year’s list shows positive growth in the employee ownership sector, with a combined sales of nearly £20bn, two new entries and a mean increase in productivity of 7.7%.
Nigel Mason of the RM2 Partnership said:
“It’s been a challenging year for UK businesses, especially for those on the high street, but total sales for companies on this year’s Top 50 list are up 3.5% on a like-for-like* basis – a figure that shows resilience and sustained growth in the employee owned sector at a time of uncertainty.
The top findings from the 2019 list include:
- £19.2bn combined sales of Top 50 employee-owned companies (up 3.5% on a like-for-like basis)
- 5% median increase in operating profits
- 7% mean increase in productivity (9.7% in 2018; 6.2% in 2016)
- 166,000 combined employees (up 1.4% on a like-for-like basis)
- 60% of companies with no net debt
To view the full findings of the Employee Ownership Top 50 , please visit http://employeeownership.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Employee-Ownership-Top-50-2018.pdf