Launched in June 2013, Spectrum’s ALS service provides brief interventions, treatment advice and follow-up care to patients who have an alcohol related illness or injury and are admitted to Pinderfields Hospital, Wakefield.
The Alcohol Liaison Service aims to treat the underlying cause of alcohol-related illness and injury and stop patients from being repeatedly admitted to A & E without accessing support for problematic drinking.
- information about alcohol units
- support with harmful drinking and alcohol dependency
- advice about ways that alcohol can affect your health
- support with alcohol detoxification
- help to reduce your drinking gradually
- Medication to help reduce the risk of withdrawal symptoms and prevent relapse
- Follow-up support to maintain your recovery
- Referral to other agencies to support with issues such as mental health and counselling