If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, remember there are various services which can provide confidential help.

People who have been sexually assaulted need to attend a Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) for urgent medical attention to prevent STIs and pregnancy. SARC offer medical, practical and emotional support to the victims of sexual assault irrespective of whether the incident is reported or not to the police.

Specially trained nurses, doctors and support workers are involved in caring for the victim, which includes assessment and medical treatment. Below service providers can be contacted for specialist medical attention and sexual violence support in Yorkshire.