Smoking and Pregnancy
Protecting your baby from tobacco smoke is one of the best things you can do to give your child a healthy start in life. It can be difficult to stop smoking, but it’s never too late to quit.
Every cigarette you smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, so smoking when you are pregnant harms your unborn baby.
Reasons to quit include:
- Reduce the risk of complications in pregnancy and birth
- Reduce the risk of stillbirth
- Reduce the risk of cot death
- Less likely that your baby will have additional breathing, feeding and health problems
- To have a healthier pregnancy and a healthier baby
Further information and support can be found on the NHS website here
October is the month to go 28 days smoke free! Get support and a free personal stop plan here
Are you from Yorkshire? Find your nearest Smoke Free Clinic for face to face support.