Covid – 19 Outbreak and your collections of either Methadone or Buprenorphine.
The protection of your health and the health of others during this outbreak of Covid-19 is of great importance to North Yorkshire Horizons. Therefore we have decided to place you on 7 day collection of your medication, so what does this mean:
· Placing you on a 7 day collection will be temporary until the outbreak passes.
· If there is continued drug use during this time then you will be placed back on supervision of your medication once the outbreak passes.
· It will be your responsibility to store the medication safely in a locked box or container, that is not accessible to anyone other than yourself.
· If you have children in your house, make sure you take the medication away from the child, that you wash out the bottle prior to disposing, and that it is always stored in a locked container.
· Your Recovery Worker will contact you via the telephone to discuss this and we may have a locked box you can collect.
· Do not share your medication – you will need this medication as the illicit supply of drugs will become hard to get.
· Do not share your medication – giving someone else your medication is unsafe and illegal, you could risk someone overdosing and dying.
· If you do not already have Naloxone, we would advise strongly you speak with your worker and be issued with the Naloxone injection, as this will help save lives.
· It is important you remember the day of your collection in upcoming weeks, as restarting clients will become very difficult and this may result in you being off your prescription for a longer period.
OUR BIGGEST ADVICE IS TO PRIORITISE YOUR PRESCRIPTION, TO TAKE THE DAILY AMOUNT PRESCRIBED AND DO NOT SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. KEEP YOURSELF SAFE AND STABLE IN THESE UPCOMING WEEKS.