Nursing in substance misuse
Specialist nurses who work in substance misuse support patients who are struggling with drugs or alcohol. Our nurses provide:
- Alcohol detoxification support – including prescribing medicine to prevent relapse
- Support to cut down your drinking
- Wellbeing screening and vaccinations
- Substitute prescribing / opioid replacement therapy
- Referral for counselling and family support services.
Click the links below to read case studies of people who have been supported by our substance misuse services. If you’re worried about your drinking and need support, find your local clinic.