Aviva Bid 2017 Update
Thanks to everyone who voted for us in the Aviva funding bid; sadly we are not amongst the finalists announced today but we really appreciate your support.
Spectrum People is the independent charity set up in February 2013 by Spectrum Community Health CIC – UK Registered Charity No. 1152437.
The aim of the Charity is to promote social inclusion by providing meaningful activities for vulnerable people. The charity helps individuals to integrate into society by:
- providing training, education and information
- providing workshops, forums and general support
- providing recreational activities and opportunities that build self esteem, confidence and skills
- raising public awareness of the issues affecting such people
Individuals who would benefit from Spectrum People’s programmes tend to be excluded from society as a result of:
- alcohol and drugs
- financial hardship
- previous criminal convictions
- their personal, social and/or economic position
Meaningful activities can improve the lives of vulnerable people and create new skills and friendships as well as developing opportunity and self-esteem. The charity also aims to support individual’s family and friends networks and help local communities recognise their strength, power and ability to support each other.
You can become involved in our work in various ways, such as by volunteering or making a donation.
The charity is governed by our Board of Trustees, and also has a Forum of Volunteers and our dedicated employees, who all work together to help improve people’s lives.