The RCGP (through Spectrum Learn & Develop) offer a range of courses for GPs and the wider primary care team, including:
Each course consists of a compulsory eLearning module followed by training facilitated by an approved RCGP trainer. Delegates are awarded a certificate upon successful completion of both the eLearning and Face to Face training day.
The courses can be linked to CPD hours for appraisal and revalidation.
These evidence-based courses:
- equip doctors with knowledge and skills to match the competency framework in Delivering Quality Care for Drug and Alcohol Users: the Roles and Competencies of Doctors
- follow the public health outcomes framework and public health improvement agenda
- support two of the five priority areas for the Health Improvement Directorate of Public Health England (alcohol and drugs)
- encourage quality clinical leadership
- provide practitioners with transferable skills in motivational interviewing, health behaviour change, managing conflict in consultations and patient safety (including medicines management)
- ultimately encourage patients to keep themselves well, saving vital funds within health budgets.